While visiting the park we ask that you observe a few simple park rules:
- Please do not climb on cannons or monuments.
- Pets are allowed in the park and on the hiking trails but must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Use of metal detectors or hunting for relics is strictly forbidden.
- Please park in designated parking areas only.
- All motorized vehicles must stay on established roadways and are prohibited on shoulders, grassy areas, and trails.
- Bicycles are prohibited on all trails.
Additional regulations apply. Please see the Superintendent's Compendium.
Head to our permits and reservation page for all information related to permits at the battlefield.