LBJ National Historical Park (LBJ NHP) employs roughly 50 individuals in both seasonal and permanent positions. These jobs encompass all manner of duties, from interpreters to maintenance workers to administrative staff. No matter what type of job you're looking for, the following information should help you pursue employment at LBJ NHP or elsewhere in the National Park Service.
All permanent, federal vacancy announcements are posted at USAJobs, the official job site of the United States Government. Career fields include administration, archeology, biological science, information technology, maintenance, visitor protection and many more. To qualify for permanent positions, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Must currently be a permanent federal employee OR
- Must have been a permanent/status federal employee OR
- May apply through an “All Sources/All Qualified” announcement OR
- May be veterans who are honorably discharged after at least three years of continuous active military service. Check on specific announcement to see if eligible to apply OR
- Must be eligible for special appointing authorities such as VISTA volunteer, Peace Corps staff or volunteer, disabled veteran, etc.
The National Park Service hires seasonal employees throughout the year. Jobs include park rangers, biological science technicians, park guides, fee collectors and others. All seasonal positions at LBJ NHP are posted at USAJobs. Most seasonal appointments are for 1,040 hours (six months).