The Beedle house was built around 1840-41. By 1860 the house was rented by William Beedle, a railroad fireman who occupied the house with one servant, Kate Tierney. The house is a wood frame 26'2"x49'6" 2 story Italianate style house with a hip roof, a 1 story front porch, and a 1 story rear porch. The front porch extends the full width of the facade, while the rear porch is smaller. The wood sash windows include both 1-over-1 and 2-over-2. The windows have drip caps and sills with aprons. The front door has a pedimented door surround with transom. Other architectural details include cornice dentils on the house and front porch, scroll brackets, and compound pilasters on the front porch.
Last updated: April 10, 2015