1. How do I make a reservation for my group to tour the Lincoln Home? Groups of 15 or more must make a reservation through the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau. SCVB will help you set up a schedule so you can visit the sites you want to see. You can request reservations by going online at www.visit-springfieldillinois.com Their 800 number is 800-545-7300. They will still ask you to make your request online.
2. When are you open? We are open everyday except New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and December 25. The Visitor Center opens at 8:30 and closes at 5:00. The only way you can view the interior of the Lincoln Home is on a guided tour with a Park Ranger. The first tour of the Lincoln Home is around 9:00, the last tour is around 4:30. Tours are free; just ask for a ticket at the Visitor Center Desk.
3. How often are tours given? Tour availability varies according to season, but generally every 15 to 20 minutes.
4. How long do the tours last? Tours generally last between 20 and 25 minutes.
5. Is there wheelchair access? There is wheelchair access to the first floor only. Please tell the ranger at the VC Desk if someone in your party needs the wheelchair lift.
6. Are wheelchairs available to borrow on site? Yes, but they are to be used at our site only. We do not have wheelchairs to take with you to other sites in the city.
7. How do I get to your site? Our Visitor Center is located at 426 South Seventh Street, 1/2 block south of the intersection of 7th and Capitol Streets, Springfield, IL 62701. The Visitor Center is on the east side of the street. Street access to the Lincoln Home is restricted to pedestrian traffic only.
8. Is there parking? Is it free? Visitors may park on the street paying the meters $1.00 per hour or use our parking lot for $2.00 per hour. Our parking lot is just south of the Visitor Center. Street parking is free on Saturday and Sunday.
9. Can I park my RV on site? Visitors may park their RV in the bus parking lot if space is available. Often during the months of April, May, and October space is not available. There is RV parking near the Presidential Museum and at the Capitol Complex Visitor Center.
10. Do you sell Senior Passes? Yes, to all U.S. citizens age 62 or over. They cost $10.00 and they must be purchased in person. The purchaser must have exact amount and proof of age. Tell the ranger at the VC Desk you would like to purchase one.
11. Can I get an Access Pass there? Yes, they are free to all U.S. citizens with a disability. You must have a Social Security document or other proof of disability. Tell the ranger at the VC Desk you would like to acquire one. They can NOT be acquired online or over the phone.
12. Can I buy an Annual Pass there? Yes, they cost $80.00. Annual Passes may be purchased by anyone 16 years of age or older, and are valid for one calendar year from the month of purchase.
13. Do you have a Junior Ranger Program? Yes, ask the ranger at the Visitor Center Desk.
Last updated: April 10, 2015