The original Robinson house was built around 1859-60. It was significantly altered in 1863. This house belonged to Henson Robinson, a Springfield businessman and civic leader. He and his wife had five children during the time they lived here.
The beautifully restored home is a two-story, front gabled Greek Revival wood frame structure. There is a full-width front porch with square columns and brackets, and a window bay on the south elevation. The foundation is concrete with a brick veneer. The house belongs to the National Park Service.