The two-story frame Morse House was built around 1855. It was the home of Mr. James Morse and family from 1855-1880. The house was modified several times.
Today, the house is on the grounds of the Lincoln Home National Historic Site and portrays an example of mid-19th Century residential construction in Springfield. The house is currently be restored to its 1860s appearance, including restoring a large front porch and other period elements lost through the years.