Temporary Change in Operations for Asbestos Removal

Subscribe RSS Icon | What is RSS
Date: February 13, 2018

Parts of the Memorial Visitor Center at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial will be closed from February through mid-March 2018 to allow for the removal of asbestos in the ceiling in preparation for a future installation of a fire suppression system. All of the building between the two memorial halls including the museum, auditorium, bookstore and visitor center, will be closed during the project to ensure visitor and staff safety. The two memorial halls will be open to the public 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST. During this project visitors will still be able to view the orientation video, temporary displays, and stamp their park passports in the memorial halls and hike the trails in the park.

 

The Memorial Visitor Center, completed in 1943, was designed with two memorial halls and a connecting cloister. Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial is located off of Indiana Highway 162 in Lincoln City, Indiana. For more information, please visit the park website at www.nps.gov/libo or call the park at 812-937-4541.



Last updated: February 14, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

3027 East South Street
PO Box 1816

Lincoln City, IN 47552

Phone:

(812) 937-4541

Contact Us