Frequently Asked Questions

Can I reserve a campsite?

All vehicle-accessible campgrounds are reservation only. Reservations are made by going online to or by calling 1-877-444-6777. No reservations are made through our offices. All boat-in campgrounds in the recreation area are first come, first serve.

Keller Ferry Campground is operated by Lake Roosevelt Adventures and can be reserved through their website.

See our Fees and Reservation page for more information

How much does a launch permit cost and where can I purchase one?

See our Fees and Reservation page for more information.

Where do I display my boat launch permit?

Display your boat launch permit on the driver's side windshield of the vehicle that is towing the boat. Permits can be moved to other vehicles.

How do I get an America the Beautiful Senior or Access Pass?

Either pass can be acquired online on the USGS website. If you prefer to get one in person, look on the same site for a list of federal recreation areas and offices which issue the passes. Local offices with passes include the Colville National Forest Service offices in Colville and Kettle Falls, as well as the Spokane District Bureau of Land Management office in Spokane. Please contact any office first BEFORE driving there to double check supply and operating hours. Please note: America the Beautiful passes are no longer available at our administrative offices or the Fort Spokane Visitor Center.

Are campgrounds open year round?

Kettle Falls, Fort Spokane, and Spring Canyon campgrounds are open year round. In the winter, however, comfort stations are closed, water systems are turned off, and certain loops may be closed. Vault toilets remain open. Other campgrounds in the park may close seasonally, with varying opening and closing dates from year to year.

How much is the fee to camp?

May 1-September 30, campsites cost $23 per night/campsite. October 1-April 30, it is $11.50 per night/campsite; Fees are 1/2 off for America the Beautiful Access and Senior Pass holders.

Where can I find information on amenities and campsites?

For amenities and campground site layouts go to the Fees and Reservations and follow the link for each campground you would like to view.

Do I need to bring a portable toilet?

Portable toilets are not required for camping in campgrounds which have National Park Service-provided toilets. When camping on the shoreline, you must have a device specifically made for containing human waste such as a Wag Bag, Luggable Loo, or Biffy Bag. All recreational boats with installed toilet facilities must have an operable US Coast Guard certified Marine Sanitiation Device (MSD).

Where is the Lost & Found?

If there is a campground host or other park service staff nearby, contact them first. If that is not an option, then call our visitor center at (509) 754-7800. Please leave a detailed message if no one answers your call. Due to the nature of the recreation area, visitors often turn in found items at local police stations or other city offices.

Last updated: January 30, 2024

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area
1008 Crest Drive

Coulee Dam, WA 99116


Please leave a detailed message if no one answers your call. Our rangers are often out talking to visitors.

Contact Us