Reservations & Permits


National Park Service campgrounds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can only be made for group camping or for campgrounds run by concessions operators. Click here, for a full list of campsites and reservation information.


Marinas on Lake Mead and Lake Mohave rent a variety of vessels from personal watercraft to paddle boards to houseboats. Click here for a list of marina operators.

Guided Water Tours

Two companies are contracted to provide water tours near the Hoover Dam. Lake Mead Cruises is a Mississippi-style paddle-wheeler that provides sightseeing cruises on Lake Mead. Black Canyon River Adventures provides raft tours on Lake Mohave at the base of the Hoover Dam.

Other Approved Tours & Services

There are dozens of companies based outside of the park that provide tours and other services within Lake Mead National Recreation Area, including bicycle tours, scuba diving trips, fishing and hunting excursions and more. For a list of permitted companies, click here.

If you have a business and are interested in offering services inside the park, click here to apply for a commercial use authorization.

Special Use Permits

Many companies hold special events within Lake Mead National Recreation Area. These events are authorized through special use permits. To see if what large events are scheduled, visit our calendar of events.

If you would like to hold a special event in the park, click here to apply for a permit.

Film Permits

Many movies have been filmed at Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Commercial filming and some non-commercial filming and still photography require a permit. To find you if you need a permit to film in the park, click here.

Last updated: July 2, 2019

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

601 Nevada Way
Boulder City, NV 89005


(702) 293-8990

Contact Us