There is a $190 nonrefundable application fee for permits. Permits are handled through the Chief Ranger's Office with final approval by the Superintendent. The permit holder must have written agreement with them during their activity.Permits will NOT be issued for weddings (or like functions) or for memorials (i.e. spreading of ashes); these activities are in direct violation of our enabling legislation thus are not permitted.
Per 36CFR 2.35(a)(3)(f)(C):
In accordance with this clause, the following activities will require a special use permit:
- Collecting of Research Specimens
- Special Events:those which are allowed by each individual parks enabling legislation.
- Sale or Distribution of Printed Material
- Display or commercial notices or announcements
- Business Operations
- Commercial Photography or Filming
- Any construction on Federal property