As of February 22, 2010, a federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal and Alaska state law, to legally possess firearms within Kenai Fjords National Park.
Under federal law, the use or discharge of a firearm is still prohibited by applicable provisions of 36 CFR Section 2.4 and 36 CFR Section 13.30.
Federal law also prohibits firearms in certain facilities in this park; those places are marked with signs at all public entrances and include:
- All National Park Service offices and administrative buildings
- Kenai Fjords Maintenance Facility
- Kenai Fjords National Park Visitor Center
- Exit Glacier Nature Center
- Aialik Bay Ranger Station
It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable Alaska state and federal firearms laws before entering this park. As a starting point, please visit:
For any questions about firearms contact the Chief Ranger by e-mail or by calling (907) 422-0500.