Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens is Open in a limited capacity
Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and District of Columbia health authorities, Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens is increasing recreational access. The National Park Service (NPS) is working servicewide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and using a phased approach to increase access on a park-by-park basis.
The grounds of Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens are open as of Monday, June 22nd, the National Park Service will encourage visitors to follow guidance to recreate responsibly. Visitors who come to see the Gardens will find a few changes from previous visits. Some of the things to keep in mind include:
· Park hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· All buildings (including the restrooms) are closed to the public, however there are porta potties.
· There will be no vending services available.
· On busy days, we may temporarily close the park gates to limit the total number of visitors on site.
· Pedestrians will follow a different (signed) path to enter and exit the park.
· New pedestrian patterns are in place in the garden to maximize social distancing. Please observe all posted signs.
· Some areas, like the park’s boardwalk, are closed because safe distancing cannot be maintained in those places.
· Maintaining a 6 foot distance from other visitors.
· If social distancing cannot be maintained, please consider wearing a face covering.
· Protecting vegetation and avoiding ticks by staying on established paths.
· Staying hydrated by bringing your own water and hand sanitizer.
· Wearing a hat or bringing an umbrella to guards against the hot sun.
We are excited to welcome you back to the garden to enjoy the blooming lilies and lotus' and we thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep yourself, other visitors, our staff and the park safe.
Last updated: July 31, 2020