The National Park Service administers the Juan Bautista de Anza National Historic Trail through partnership with other federal, state, county, and municipal parks and agencies, local volunteer groups, non-profit organizations, and private landowners.
An Auto Route approximates the areas where the expedition traveled. Several communities and parks offer Anza Recreation Trail for walking, hiking, horse riding, and bicycling. A Historic Route comprises a variety of historic sites related to the Spanish Colonial era. If an area belonging to a private landowner is not open to visitors, permission must be obtained to enter the property.
- Historic & Cultural Sites in Arizona
- Historic & Cultural Sites in California
- Premier Recreation Trail Experiences
- Major Annual Events Along the Anza Trail
- Passport to Your National Parks: Anza Trail Stamp Locations
- Experience the Anza Trail on Amtrak: Trails & Rails
- For an interactive map of all Anza Trail resources, visit our partner website, http://www.anzahistorictrail.org