- Order Caudata
- Family Ambystomidae [Mole Salamanders]
- Ambystoma macrodactylum – Long-toed Salamander
- Habitat: Variety of habitats, semi-arid sagebrush, moist forested
- areas and meadows.
- Order Salientia
- Family Ranidae [True Frogs]
- Rana pipiens – Northern Leopard Frog
- Habitat: Freshwater sites with heavy vegetation, brackish marshes and
- moist field.
- Rana pretiosa – Spotted Frog
- Habitat: Mountainous areas near cold streams and lakes.
- Family Bufonidae [Toads]
- Bufo boreas – Western Toad
- Habitat: Near springs, streams, meadows and woodlands.
- Family Hylidae [Tree Frogs]
- Hyla regilla – Pacific Tree Frog
- Habitat: On the ground among shrubs and grass close to water.
List of amphibians found at John Day Fossil Beds
Last updated: February 28, 2015