- Be sure to check our Current Conditions page for the latest updates.
- HISTORIC THIBODAUX WALKING TOUR - 10:00 a.m. every Wednesday and Thursday in May and June 2023. In July and August 2023, walking tours are at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday through Saturday. Join a ranger for a stroll through downtown Thibodaux and hear the stories of its past. Come see why Budget Travel named Thibodaux one of the Coolest Small Towns 2022! No tour on federal holidays. Free. To learn more, email us.
- BOAT TOURS OF BAYOU LAFOURCHE - 10:00 a.m. every Friday and Saturday. No tours offered June through August or on federal holidays. Cruise into Louisiana's past on a ranger-guided boat tour. Learn more here.
- MUSIC ON THE BAYOU - 6:00 p.m. every Tuesday (No music on federal holidays). Discover the wide range of south Louisiana's music: zydeco, gospel, blues, jazz, Cajun, and more. To find out who's playing, check out our Facebook page or call the center at 985-448-1375. If you have suggestions or requests for performers, email the park. Free.
- CERCLE FRANCOPHONE - 5:00 p.m. every Tuesday. Have you wanted to learn Cajun French or experience the language? This is the place! Cajun French speakers gather once a month to speak Cajun French together. Anyone is welcomed.
- Citizen science programs, training, and events - Join the team to learn about the world around you, record your observations, and share them to assist with scientific research.
- SUMMER CAMPS: Our 2023 summer camps are currently full. Keep your eye on our social media and website for info about 2024 summer camps!
The lives of the Acadians (Cajuns) and others whose travels brought them to Louisiana's bayous are featured at the Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center in Thibodaux. Explore recreation, clothing, home furnishings, religion, cuisine, and fishing through exhibits, artifacts, videos, and films. A 200-seat theater is used for productions by the Thibodaux Playhouse, Inc., and other programs. Kids can earn a badge with the Junior Ranger program. The center's park store has CDs, craft items, and books from cookbooks to children's stories on sale. Admission to the center and to most programs is free. Follow these links for the park's calendar of events, exhibits, and programs; for directions and transportation options; and for accessibility information.
Special programs by reservation: