Ensuring the Tram Ride to the top is a safe experience.
It is our goal to maintain the novelty of the Tram Ride to the Top experience while enforcing social distancing and health and safety guidelines. Various aspects of the tram ride have been modified and are subject to updates in later phases:
- Effective Tuesday, December 8th, Bi-State Development, which operates the tram, requires face coverings for all Gateway Arch tram riders, ages 2 and up, with no exceptions.
- Face coverings must fully cover the guest’s mouth and nose, should be secured under the chin, and fit snugly against the sides of the face.
- Face coverings must be worn for the duration of the tram experience (45-60 minutes).
- Guests may bring their own face coverings or face coverings and face shields are available for purchase in The Arch Store.
- Social distancing is not possible at all times of the tram experience, therefore tram guests unable to wear face coverings are encouraged to visit at a later date.
- These policies are in place for the safety of our guests and employees. Those not in compliance will not be permitted to take the Tram Ride to the Top at this time. We appreciate your full cooperation.
- Significantly reduced capacity throughout tram ride experience.
- Floor markers and signage to encourage social distancing.
- Tram cars and observation deck windows assigned by family/group.
- Solo visitors will be assigned their own tram car and windows.
- In order to maintain directional flow and ensure one way in/one way out of the observation deck, one tram will transport visitors to the top, while the other tram will transport visitors to the ground level.
- Time limit in Arch observation deck (no more than 10 minutes).
- Plastic coverings below observation deck windows.
- Plexiglas barriers between grouped observation windows.
- Periodic disinfecting and sanitization of tram car surfaces, seats and handrails as well as surfaces and windows in the observation desk.
Tickets can be purchased at gatewayarch.com or by calling 877-982-1410.