The Voyageur II is a 65' twin engine diesel vessel that provides mail and passenger service to Isle Royale National Park. It operates between Grand Portage, Minnesota and numerous drop-off and pick-up locations along the north and south shores of the island. Overnight visits are offered. There is no car ferry service. The Voyageur II runs on central time, whereas Isle Royale National Park is on eastern time; it is recommended to stay on central time during your trip.
Throughout the season the vessel's schedule varies; it typically operates from early May through early October. The Voyageur II typically provides service around Isle Royale every two days, staying overnight in Rock Harbor. It does not operate on Fridays.
- Depart: Grand Portage, MN: 7:30 am CDT / 8:30 am EDT
- Arrive: Windigo, Isle Royale : 9:30 am CDT / 10:30 am EDT
- Depart: Windigo, Isle Royale: 10:00 am CDT / 11:00 am EDT
- Arrive and Depart: McCargoe Cove, Isle Royale: 1:00 pm CDT / 2:00 p.m. EDT
- Arrive and Depart: Belle Isle, Isle Royale: 1:30 pm CDT / 2:30 pm EDT
- Arrive: Rock Harbor, Isle Royale: 3:00 pm CDT / 4:00 pm EDT
Depart: Rock Harbor, Isle Royale: 8:00 am CDT / 9:00 am EDT
- Depart and Arrive: Daisy Farm, Isle Royale: 8:30 am CDT / 9:30 am EDT
- Depart and Arrive: Chippewa Harbor, Isle Royale: 9:00 am CDT / 10:00 am EDT
- Depart and Arrive: Malone Bay, Isle Royale: 10:00 am CDT / 11:00 am EDT
- Arrive: Windigo, Isle Royale: 12:30 pm CDT / 1:30 pm EDT
- Depart: Windigo, Isle Royale: 1:00 pm CDT / 2:00 pm EDT
- Arrive: Grand Portage, MN: 3:00 pm CDT / 4:00 pm EDT
Stops at McCargoe Cove, Daisy Farm, Chippewa Harbor, and Malone Bay only occur when pick-ups and drop-offs are arranged ahead of time.
For additional schedule, fare information, or to make reservations, please visit the Voyageur II website.
Utilize the park's newspaper, The Greenstone, for all of your transportation and trip planning needs.