How Do I Make a Ranger III Reservation Online?
Have questions? Read through the Ranger III Frequently Asked Questions.
For 2024, reservations requests will be accepted January 2 through mid-September for the upcoming Ranger III summer passenger season. Reservations received through this system October to January 1 will not be processed (a full refund will be issued).
- Before making a reservation please check the Ranger III Reservation Availability page for the most up to date information regarding seat availability. This information is updated once per day.
- Access the Isle Royale NP Ranger III Fees form.
- Reservations will be accepted starting January 2, 2024.
- Click on "Continue to Form" (button in lower right corner).
- Fill out the information in the online form:
- Purchaser information
- Passenger Information & Dates (If you select a date for a WIndigo trip, a message will appear confirming that this is Windigo after updated your selection)
- Passenger Canoe/Kayak/Boat
- Any other information the park should know, if applicable
- Submit payment.
- Credit Card (preferred)
- Refunds are only available for 180 days, per PayPal refund policy. If you pay using PayPal and your plans change, contact the Ranger III Reservation Office immediately at (906) 482-0984.
- Amazon Pay
- Refunds are only available for 60 days, per Amazon Pay refund policy. If you pay using Amazon Pay and your plans change, contact the Ranger III Reservation Office immediately at (906) 482-0984.
- Bank Account (ACH)
- Refunds are only through bank direct deposit. Significant paperwork is required. The process can take 3-5 months.
- Upon submission of this form on Pay.gov, you will receive an email payment receipt from pay.gov., This form will then be sent to the Ranger III Reservation Office. Your reservation will typically be processed in 1-2 days, but sometimes it can take 3-5 days.
- For reservations submitted January 3 through early April: Due to limited staffing, the reservation confirmation may not be processed until staff are availble. This could be a week or two.
- If there are no reservation complications, you will receive an email confirmation of your reservation #, trip dates, as well as arrival and departure information. Should there be any complications, the Ranger III Reservation Office will contact you at the listed phone number or email.
- If you have more passengers or canoes / kayaks in your party than can be entered in this form, please call the Ranger III Reservation Office at (906) 482-0984 or by email at e-mail us.
Ranger III Reservation Changes, Cancellations, and Refunds
To cancel or change trip dates, call the Ranger III Reservation Office at (906) 482-0984.
If you must cancel all or part of a confirmed Ranger III reservation:
- If the cancellation occurs more than 3 days prior to the sailing date, 85% of the total ticket price will be refunded.
- Cancelling within 3 days or less of departure forfeits entire fare. There is no refund.
- There is no cost beyond the standard fare to change reservation dates, add passengers, or add additional freight.
- In the rare instance when a ferry is at capacity (full) at the time of your reservation submission, and we are unable to accommodate you on another voyage, the park will contact you directly and issue you a full refund.
Refund Time Frames
Transporting a Boat, Canoe, or Kayak?
- For all boats, canoes and kayaks, a passenger must accompany the vessel.
- You must know the exact length of your vessel, based upon your state registration length. The maximum boat length transported is 20 ft. Canoes and kayaks over 18 ft. or 80 lbs cost more to transport.
- For boats, deck space allows 4 boats maximum. Longer boats reduce available space. If your boat will not fit on the date specified, we will call to discuss options including adjusting trip dates or refunding the full original amount paid. This full refund does not apply when cancelling after having received reservation confirmation.
- If transporting a canoe or kayak, the only items permitted to be transported inside the boat are paddles, PFDs, and fishing poles. Backpacks, coolers, and all other luggage must be loaded seperately on a cart.