Isle Royale Boating During COVID-19
Following guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Michigan Safe Start plan, and local public health authorities, Isle Royale is increasing recreational access to the park.
- Beginning June 26, 2020, campgrounds, docks, and trails will be open
- Exceptions: North Desor Campground and Minong Trail from Hatchet Lake Junction to East Huginnin Trail Junction.
- Boaters must obtain an overnight permit in advance from the Houghton Visitor Center at 906-482-0984.
- Please pay entrance fees in advance at www.pay.gov.
- When recreating, follow state and local area health orders, practice Leave No Trace principles, avoid crowding, and avoid high-risk outdoor activities. The to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
Please check out the park's COVID-19 Boating FAQ for clarification.