Lake View Beach Parking Lot
1/8 mile west of the intersection of Lake Front Drive and Broadway Street, Beverly Shores, IN 46301.
Do NOT park in the Town of Beverly Shores' beach parking lot, which is located just to the east of the Lake View lot. You will get ticketed. The town is very strict.
41.686222, -86.996077 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Covered picnic shelters with great views of Lake Michigan.
- First come, first served. No advance reservations.
- Facilities – Year-round restrooms and potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Glass and fires on the beach, littering.
- Prohibited – Removing plants, rocks, shells, and fossils.
- Cooking fires are permitted at the picnic shelters in the provided grills or an approved carry-in grill. An approved grill is a non-combustible container with an enclosed bottom and enclosed sides with a minimum depth of 2 inches. Charcoal must be cooled and safely disposed of in a non-combustible container or removed from the area.
- Parking lot is paved and has 40 spots and can fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Please stay on the trail and respect closed area signs. Going off trail damages fragile habitat.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Poison ivy can be present on the edges of the picnic area and on the trails to the beach.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- The picnic shelters and restrooms are wheelchair accessible. The beach is not wheelchair accessible. There is a very good view of Lake Michigan from the parking lot and picnic shelters.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.
- Walk past five historic homes from the 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair, which are located 1/3 mile to the west along Lake Front Drive.
- Smelt fishing in the spring (no permit required).