Lake View Beach Parking Lot
1/8 mile west of the intersection of Lake Front Drive and Broadway Street, Beverly Shores, IN 46301.
Do NOT park in the Town of Beverly Shores' beach parking lot, which is located just to the east of the Lake View lot. You will get ticketed. The town is very strict.
41.686222, -86.996077 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free (no access fee).
- The removal of rocks, shells, and fossils is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Glass containers are prohibited on all beaches.
- Fires are prohibited on all beaches.
- Year round restrooms and potable water.
- Parking lot has 40 spots and will fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.
- There are covered picnic shelters overlooking Lake Michigan at the parking lot. First come, first served. No advance reservations. Wheelchair accessible.
- Cooking fires at the picnic shelters are permitted in the provided grills or an approved carry-in grill. An approved grill is a noncombustible container with an enclosed bottom and enclosed sides with a minimum depth of 2 inches. Charcoal must be cooled and safely disposed of in a noncombustible container or removed from the area.
- Walk past five historic homes from the 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair, which are located 1/3 mile to the west along Lake Front Drive.
- Smelt fishing in the spring (no permit required).