Kemil Beach and Dune Ridge Trail Parking Lot
One mile north of U.S. Highway 12 on East State Park Road (300E), Beverly Shores, IN 46301.
Note: East State Park Road is called Kemil Road to the south of U.S. Highway 12.
41.677357, -87.008950 (Decimal Degrees)
Need to Know
- Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Facilities – Year-round restrooms and potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Glass and fires on the beach, littering.
- Prohibited – Removing plants, rocks, shells, and fossils.
- Parking lot is paved and can fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Parking lot is the site of a former homesite.
- Please stay on the trail and respect closed area signs. Going off trail damages fragile habitat.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Poison ivy can be present on the edges of the parking lot and on the trails to the beach.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- The restroom is wheelchair accessible. The beach is not wheelchair accessible.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk. Rip currents and large waves can make swimming hazardous.
- Hike the Dunes Ridge Trail for great views of the Great Marsh.
- Walk past five historic homes from the 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair, which are located 1/2 mile to the east along Lake Front Drive.
- Smelt fishing in the spring (no permit required).