Kemil Beach and Dune Ridge Trail Parking Lot
One mile north of U.S. Highway 12 on East State Park Road (300E), Beverly Shores, IN 46301.
Note: East State Park Road is called Kemil Road to the south of U.S. Highway 12.
41.677357, -87.008950 (Decimal Degrees)
Need to Know
- Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free (no access fee).
- The removal of rocks, shells, and fossils is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Alcohol is permitted when used responsibly.
- Glass containers are prohibited on all beaches.
- Seasonal restrooms and drinking fountain from mid-April through mid-November (at the parking lot).
- Parking lot has 81 spots and will fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk. Rip currents and large waves can make swimming hazardous.
- Hike the Dunes Ridge Trail for great views of the Great Marsh.
- Walk past five historic homes from the 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair, which are located 1/2 mile to the east along Lake Front Drive.
- Smelt fishing in the spring (no permit required).