Dunbar Beach Parking Lot
Intersection of Dunbar Avenue and Lake Front Drive, Beverly Shores, IN 46301.
41.683551, -87.002856 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free (no access fee).
- The removal of rocks, shells, and fossils is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Glass containers are prohibited on all beaches.
- Fires are prohibited on all beaches.
- Seasonal restrooms and potable water from early April through mid-November.
- Parking lot has 26 spots and will fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Parking lot is the site of a former homesite.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.
- Walk past five historic homes from the 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair, which are located just to the east along Lake Front Drive.
- Smelt fishing in the spring (no permit required).