Central Avenue Beach Parking Lot
3/4 mile north of the intersection with U.S. Highway 12 in the Town of Pines.
41.701488, -86.948473 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Open everyday from April 16th to November 14th.
- 7 a.m. to 30 minutes past sunset.
- Free (no access fee).
- Pets are permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Glass containers are prohibited on all beaches.
- Seasonal restrooms and potable water.
- Parking lot has 70 spots and will fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Visitors are strongly urged to safely remain on the beach area and not to climb up on the dune slopes directly behind the beach.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.
- During the spring and summer, watch the Bank Swallows come and go from their nests in the dunes.