Central Avenue Beach Parking Lot
One mile north of the intersection of Central Avenue and U.S. Highway 12 in the Town of Pines.
41.701488, -86.948473 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Open daily, 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free (no access fee).
- The removal of rocks, shells, and fossils is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Glass containers are prohibited on all beaches.
- Fires are prohibited on all beaches.
- There are two picnic tables located at the west end of the parking lot.
- Seasonal restrooms and potable water from mid-April through mid-October.
- Parking lot has 70 spots and will fill up quickly on summer weekends.
- Visitors are strongly urged to safely remain on the beach area and not to climb up on the dune slopes directly behind the beach.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.
- During the spring and summer, watch the Bank Swallows come and go from their nests in the dunes.