Central Avenue Beach Parking Lot
One mile north of the intersection of Central Avenue and U.S. Highway 12 in the Town of Pines.
41.701488, -86.948473 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
- Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Facilities – Seasonal restrooms and potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Glass and fires on the beach, littering.
- Prohibited – Removing plants, rocks, shells, and fossils.
- Parking lot is paved.
- There are two picnic tables at the west end of the parking lot up the stairs.
- Please stay on the trail and respect closed area signs. Going off trail damages fragile habitat.
- Visitors are strongly urged to safely remain on the beach area and not to climb up on the dune slopes directly behind the beach.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Poison ivy can be present on the edges of the parking lot and on the trails to the beach.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- The restrooms are wheelchair accessible. The beach and picnic tables are not wheelchair accessible.
- Swimming. No lifeguards. Swim at your own risk; rip currents and waves can make swimming hazardous.
- During the spring and summer, watch the Bank Swallows come and go from their nests in the dunes.