Monday, August 21
Total Solar Eclipse Schedule
Total Solar Eclipse 1:02
HERITAGE CENTER STAGE
8:00 a.m. Chris Sayre - Folk Singer - Music to Begin the Day
8:30 a.m. Dr. Edwin Grayzeck - NASA Sciences and Exploration
9:30 a.m. The String Beans - Family Music - Get Ready for Fun!
10:30 a.m. Official Welcome
11:30 a.m. Ready Jet Go! (Eclipse FIRST CONTACT phase)
Ready Jet Go!
will help lead the crowd through 90 minutes of eclipse phases! Demonstrations, Q&A with Dr. Amy Mainzer and friends, Music, Countdown to Eclipse Totality and Much More!
1:00 p.m. Glasses On and Glasses Off with Dr. Amy Mainzer and Bill Nye
1:02 p.m. TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE
1:30 p.m. The Planetary Society's CEO, Bill Nye & the
NPS Eclipse Junior Ranger Program
2:00 p.m. Dr. Kelsey Young - NASA Human Space Exploration
3:00 p.m. Spitfire Fiddle Band
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES at the HERITAGE CENTER
Hands on Activities 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Eclipse pinhole viewer
• Quilt Block Creation
• Make a Button Toy aka Moon Zinger
A who’s who of NASA professionals could be at this tent. Drop on by for NASA information and astronomical conversations.
Ready Jet Go! Tent - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Check out this tent for out of this world activities and give aways!
EDUCATION CENTER STAGE
8:00 a.m. Kristen Weaver, NASA GLOBE Observer
9:00 a.m. Zach Berta-Thompson - NASA Exoplanet Studies
10:00 a.m. Dr. Kelsey Young - NASA Human Space Exploration
1:02 p.m. TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE - Glasses on and Glasses off Announcements throughout the park
2:30 p.m. Frank O’Brien, NASA Life on the ISS
3:30 p.m. Nicky Fox, NASA Solar Probe Plus Spacecraft
ALL DAY ACTIVITIES at the Education Center
Science On a Sphere® 8:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
This exhibit features spectacular animations from NASA observations of our Sun, Moon, Earth, other planets, and more. Special digital presentations will take place throughout the weekend. Each program is expected to last approximately 3-5 minutes.
NASA Visualizations with NASA’s Ernie Wright - Times TBD
Hands on Activities - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Ultraviolet Bead activity
• Make a Cornhusk Doll
Thank You Homestead Partners
Homestead salutes our partners for their part in helping to make this event an extraordinary occasion!
• AmeriCorps • Beatrice Chamber of Commerce Beatrice Fire and Rescue
• Beatrice Police Department • Beatrice Public Library
• Blakely Township • City of Beatrice • Coca Cola • Coffin Family Foundation • Cynthia Levis and Lincoln Quilters • Eastern National
• Educational Service Unit #5
• First Mennonite Church • Freeman High School • Friends of Homestead
• Gage County • Gage County Agricultural Society/Gage County Fair
• Gage County Highway Department • Gage County Sheriff’s Office
• Gage County Tourism • Hevelone Foundation • Homestead Leathernecks
• Humanities Nebraska • Jerry Davison Memorial Fund • Keep Beatrice Beautiful • Main Street Beatrice • LandMark Implement, Inc
.• Lincoln Prairie Astronomy Club
• Metro Community College – Omaha
• Motor Mart-Easy Haul of Beatrice • NASA • National Weather Service
• Network Nebraska • Nebraska Arts Council • Nebraska Cultural Endowment
• Nebraska Department of Transportation • New Mexico State University
• Ponca Tribe of Nebraska • Shuster’s Outdoor and RV Inc.
• Southeast Community College – Beatrice • Tri County High School
• Twin Rivers Chrysler-Jeep- Dodge Inc.• University of Nebraska – Lincoln
• U.S. Postal Service • Volunteers of Homestead • Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska • And park neighbors