|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Melinda Repko, 740-774-1126
Hopewell Discovery Day 2014
Date: Saturday, July 12th 2014
Time: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Location: Mound City Group Visitor Center
Fees: No Fees
Activities and Events that you & your family can partake in:
- Join park rangers on earthwork tours.
- Visit a live archeological excavation.
- Bring artifacts and fossils to be professionally identified.
- Meet members of the professional science community.
- Get up to speed on the latest archeological research.
- Learn about prehistoric tools, textiles and pottery.
- View flint knapping and participate in atlatl demonstrations.
- Enjoy live flute music performed by renowned artist Sunflower.
- Experience the music and storytelling of internationally acclaimed artist Steve Free.
- Learn to identify native plants and animals and identify their uses in the Hopewell culture.
- Engage your kids in crafts, skill games, storytelling and the park's Junior Ranger program!
Visit the Directions Page for directions and maps to the Mound City Group visitor center. Hopewell Culture National Historical Park is open year-round, except for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day & New Year's Day. The visitor center at Mound City Group is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm daily.