- About Us
- Media Products
- Programs & Services
- Contractor Information
- Maps of National Parks
- Historic Photos Collection
Evaluation Resources & Contacts
- Exhibit Labels: An Interpretive Approach, by Beverly Serrell, published by Alta Mira Press (a division of Sage Publications, Inc.), Walnut Creek, 1996.
- Introduction to Museum Evaluation, by Minda Borun and Randi Korn, Editors, Roxana Adams, Series Editor, published by the Committee on Audience Research and Evaluation of the American Association of Museums, Professional Practice Series, 1999.
- Questioning Assumptions: An Introduction to Front-End Studies in Museums, by Lynn D. Dierking and Wendy Pollock, published by the Association of Science-Technology Centers, Washington, DC, 1998.
- Try It! Improving Exhibits through Formative Evaluation, Samuel Taylor, editor, and Beverly Serrell, assistant editor, published by the New York Hall of Science and the Association of Science-Technology Centers, Washington, DC, 1991.
- The Effectiveness of Nonpersonal Media Used in Interpretation and Informal Education: An Annotated Bibliography. Wells, Marcella and Lisa Smith. National Association of Interpretation. 2000.
American Evaluation Association
16 Sconticut Neck Rd #290
Fairhaven MA 02719
Phone/fax 888-232-2275 (toll-free in US and some of Canada)
AEA publishes American Journal of Evaluation (published three times/year).
on Audience Research and Evaluation (CARE)
American Association of Museums (AAM)
1575 Eye Street, NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005
tel.: (202) 289-1818
CARE publishes Current Trends in Audience Research and Evaluation, and the Directory of Evaluators.
Studies Association (VSA)
8175-A Sheridan Blvd., Suite 362
Arvada, CO 80003-1928
VSA publishes Visitor Studies Today and a Directory of Evaluators.
NPS web sites of interest:
HFC contact person:
- Paula Beale, Media Evaluation Coordinator, Harpers Ferry Center (phone: 304-535-6000, Email Contact Form)