Pets are prohibited:
- Pets are prohibited in all of the undeveloped areas of the Park. This includes all designated wilderness and all trails.
- Pets are not allowed on Hilina Pali Road; including the Kulanaokuaiki Campground.
- Pets are not allowed to be walked on the paved road to Keanakāko'i Crater, due to nēnē.
- Pets may not be left unattended in a vehicle.
Pets are allowed:
- Pets must be leashed and closely monitored at all times while in the Park. They are allowed in developed areas of the park; including paved roadways, parking areas, and Namakanipaio Campground. However, please note: parking and camping areas are sites where the endangered nene goose frequent. Nene look very similar to the common Canada goose but, are the rarest goose in the world. Be alert ......... protect our native species.