|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Jessica Ferracane, 808-985-6018
Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park announces the following upcoming flight plans for July:
- July 2, from 11 a.m. to noon, to transport fence materials to 'Ōla'a.
- July 7 and 11, between 8 a.m. and noon, to transport fence materials, supplies and personnel for fencing project from Mauna Loa Road to Upper Mauna Loa.
- July 15, between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m., for invasive weed management on Mauna Loa between 5,000 and 7,000 ft. elevation.
- July 15 and 17, between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m., for ungulate surveys and control work in Kahuku between 3,000 and 7,000 ft. elevation.
- July 16 and 17, between 8 a.m. and noon, for petrel monitoring from the summit of Kīlauea to Mauna Loa at about 9,000 ft. elevation.
- July 24, between 8 a.m. and noon, to transport fence materials, supplies and personnel for fencing project in upper Kahuku above Ka'ū Forest Reserve.
The park regrets any noise impact to residents and park visitors. Dates and times are subject to change based on aircraft availability and weather.
Management of the park requires the use of aircraft to monitor and research volcanic activity, conduct search-and-rescue missions and law enforcement operations, support management of natural and cultural resources, and to maintain backcountry facilities.