|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Jessica Ferracane, Public Affairs Specialist , 808-345-4216
Hawaii National Park, Hawai'i – Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park announces the following upcoming flight plans for November 2015:
- Nov. 2, between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m., and Nov. 6, between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m., flying camp supplies and equipment from lower 'Āinahou fuel break to Keauhou campsite for guinea grass control
- Nov. 4, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., for training and short-haul recertification at Kīlauea summit
- Nov. 4, 10, and 19, between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m., to transport fencing material and equipment to Kahuku-Kapapala boundary between 7,000- and 9,000-ft. elevation
- Nov. 10, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., for ungulate surveys and control work in Kahuku between 3,000- and 7,000-ft. elevation
- Nov. 12, between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m., to transport fencing material to 'Ōla'a approximately 4,000-ft. elevation
The park regrets any noise impact to residents and park visitors. Dates and times are subject to change based on aircraft availability and weather.
Management of the park requires the use of aircraft to monitor and research volcanic activity, conduct search-and-rescue missions and law enforcement operations, support management of natural and cultural resources, and to maintain backcountry facilities.