Temporary Food Event Permits

After you have been contracted to host an event at Fort Mason Center or other park location, the Public Health Officer will be informed about event food service to the public. At that point you as the Event Organizer should fill out the Event Organizer Application and distribute a Food Vendor Application to each of your vendors.

Event Organizer Application (PDF file, 129KB)
Food Vendor Application (PDF file, 53KB)

Once all the Food Vendor Applications and Event Organizer Applications are completed, they should be submitted in one packet via email to the Public Health Officer for review. Applications can also be faxed to 415-561-4727 or sent in the regular mail to: GGNRA Public Health Officer, Fort Mason, Building 201, San Francisco, CA 94123.

After the Public Health Officer has reviewed the applications, Event Organizers and Food Vendors will be notified by email if they have been approved or dismissed to participate in the event. Typically, Temporary Food Event Permits are granted at the event after vendors successfully pass food safety inspection. Permits are generally valid for the duration of the event only. Therefore, subsequent events require another application and inspection.


Here are some food safety resources to help prepare vendors for inspections:

FDA Food Code Requirements (PDF, 114KB)
Food Vendor Checklist (PDF, 25KB)
Sampling Guidelines (PDF, 43KB)


If you have any questions about the Temporary Food Event Permit process while working with Fort Mason Center please read Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 126KB) or contact the Public Health Officer by phone 415-561-4743 or by email.

Last updated: October 17, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Building 201, Fort Mason

San Francisco, CA 94123-0022


(415) 561-4700
Pacific West Region Information Center (415) 561-4700 Special Event & Commercial Film Permits (415) 561-4300

Contact Us