Commercial Use Authorization

The Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) permit program authorizes businesses to provide certain commercial services not typically provided by the concessioners within the boundaries of Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. Commercial Use Authorizations are two-year permits granted through the Business Management Office. Specific requirements for certifications and insurance must be met and maintained for the duration of the CUA.

The first step in obtaining a CUA is the submission of a CUA application request form (pdf file). For more information, please contact the Commercial Use Authorizations Coordinator at 928-608-6325.

Three hikers climb a hill

Guided Services

Check here for a full listing of Guided Services permitted to operate in Glen Canyon.

Launch ramp with a large amount of boats in various states of launch.

Vessel Services

Check here for a full listing of Vessel Services permitted to operate in Glen Canyon.


Services Not Permitted

These types of commercial services are not offered through the CUA Program or authorized under any other permit from Glen Canyon National Recreation Area:

  • Vessel Piloting Services (Pilot for hire of personal vessels or rental vessels)
  • Commercial Boat Tours, to include, but not limited to, private boat charters and photography boat tours
  • Delivery or pick-up of any out-of-park rentals, including, but not limited to, the following:
    • RVs
    • Houseboats
    • Kayaks
    • Paddleboards
    • Camping Equipment or "Drop Camps"

For Current CUA holders

Access forms nesessary for your business operations.

Program Changes

There have been some program changes to the Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) Application process. There is no longer an "Open Season" for applying for a CUA. You are able to submit a CUA Application Request form throughout the calendar year.

Photography Instruction Workshops

Beginning in calendar year 2016, Photography Instruction Workshops will no longer be issued/granted through a Special Use Permit. All Photography Instruction Workshops will require the instructor/ business owner to obtain a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) Permit to provide this type of service/ instruction within Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. Please contact the CUA Coordinator for further details at 928-608-6325.

Last updated: March 8, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

PO Box 1507
Page, AZ 86040


(928) 608-6200
Receptionist available at Glen Canyon Headquarters from 7 am to 4 pm MST, Monday through Friday. The phone is not monitored when the building is closed.

Contact Us