- Length of stay – Volunteers must commit to a minimum of three months, maximum of four months stay. NO RV volunteers are permitted to stay on site mid August - mid October to account for hurricane season.
- Volunteers are required to commit to working 32 hours per week.
- Vounteers are expected to work at more than one site, and likely will work at least one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday).
- Volunteers must provide their own RV, and their own mode of transportation (car) to get to each work site.
Accommodations and Benefits:
- Full hookups provided (electricity, water, sewer)
- Electric is 30/50 amp
- Wifi provided
- Free washer & dryer on site
- Various VIP trainings, special events, field trips, etc. are offered periodically for your enjoyment
Location of RV sites:
Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
1254 Long Point Road
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Phone: (843) 881-5516
Mail Received at:
Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park
1214 Middle Street
Sullivans Island, SC 29482
Phone: (843) 883-3123
For more information:
Contact Volunteer Coordinator via e-mail. Check out www.volunteer.gov for opportunity postings.