Phased Reopening - some locations closed due to COVID-19
The National Park Service (NPS) is working servicewide with federal, state, and local public health authorities to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, access to the park is as follows:
- Fort Sumter, including ferry trips to the fort, limited capacity
- Liberty Square Visitor Education Center, limited capacity, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- America's National Park museum stores
- Liberty Square Visitor Education Center grounds
- Fort Moultrie grounds outside of the fort
- Fort Moultrie and Battery Jasper interiors, Friday – Sunday only
- Fort Moultrie Visitor Center parking lot, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Fort Moultrie dock, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Touchless bottle fill stations are available, please bring a refillable bottle.
- Museum at Fort Sumter
- Fort Moultrie Visitor Center
- Fort Moultrie and Battery Jasper interiors, Monday –Thursday
- Water fountains
While the listed areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, a return to full operations will continue to be phased, and services may be limited. When recreating, please follow local area health orders and recreate responsibly
by keeping social distance, wearing a face covering when social distance cannot be maintained, avoiding high risk activities, and staying home if you feel sick.
The CDC has offered guidance
to help people recreating in parks and open spaces prevent the spread of infectious diseases. We will continue to monitor all park functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health.