Research Permit Renewal

Scientific Research Permits are issued for up to one calendar year. If an investigator needs additional time to complete a study, the investigator must renew his/her permit. To renew a Scientific Research Permit, the investigator must take the following steps:

  1. A permit renewal application must be submitted 60 business days prior to the expiration of the investigator’s research permit, via the Research Permit and Reporting System (RPRS).
  2. At the time of submitting a permit renewal application, the investigator must also submit an Investigator’s Annual Report (IAR), via the RPRS. The investigator must contact the Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Park Research Permit Coordinator for a User ID and Password in order to submit the IAR.
  3. If the scope of work has changed, the investigator must submit an amended research proposal detailing changes to the research study.

Be advised that renewal of permits may be delayed if previous deliverables have not been received by the park research permit coordinator.

Last updated: August 24, 2015

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

40001 State Road 9336
Homestead, FL 33034


(305) 242-7700

Contact Us