Nuisance Wildlife & Unwanted Pets

Here's What You Can Do With Unwanted Pets or Nuisance Animals
Nile Monitor
If you change your mind about a recent purchase, check with your pet store. Some locally-owned stores will allow you to return or exchange your animal for one more suitable to you.

Consider surrenduring your animal to a network of adopters during a Nonnative Pet Amnesty Day presented by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC). Details of upcoming Nonative Pet Amnesty Days can be found by clicking here.

Contact a local wildlife rehabilitation facility. A full directory of providers is available here.

Consider taking your pet to your local humane animal shelter.

If you are a resident of Miami-Dade County, you can contact the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department to request the removal of an unwanted pet reptile or the removal of a nuisance snake at 786-331-4454.
For help with other nuisance wildlife, find a local trapper registered with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. A complete list can be found here.

Last updated: April 14, 2015

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

40001 State Road 9336
Homestead, FL 33034-6733


305 242-7700

Contact Us