The actions you take to decrease your carbon footprint can have an influence all the way from the mountains of Glacier National Park to the lowlands of the Florida Everglades.
Some actions you can take at home and in your community are:
- take public transportation when convenient
- raise the air conditioner one degree or lower the heater one degreeinstall energy efficient compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) or light emitting diodes (LED light bulbs)
- turn off appliances when not in use (examples: fans, lights, computers, cable box, etc.)
- unplug appliances when not in use (examples: hair dryers, toasters, etc.)
- weatherstrip windows and doors
Don't forget to share ways to help protect national parks like Everglades with your family and friends!