Special Use Permits

If you are planning a short term event or activity in the park that is beyond the scope of what any visitor is planning you may need a permit.

Special Park Use Permits are authorizations from the National Park Service that are required prior to short-term activities:

- that take place in the park
- provide a benefit to an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large
- require some degree of management control from the NPS (in order to protect park resources and the public interest
- are not prohibited by law or regulation

Examples of activities that would require a written authorization from the park in the form of a special park use permit apply to individuals and groups depending on the impact of the event on the resource and staff. These might include (but are not limited to) weddings, first-amendment demonstration activities, a bike race, fishing tournament, group activities (groups of 20 or more participants).

If you'd like to apply for a permit or have any questions, please contact the Permit Coordinator at 305-242-7042 or e-mail. The application can be accessed with a direct link below. (Please note there is an application fee for this permit; a cost recovery fee of $25.00 additional to the application fee has been effective as of May 1, 2016).

Application for Special Use Permit - 10-930

The application can be sent by email or by regular mail to:

National Park Service
Everglades National Park
40001 State Road 9336
Homestead, FL 33034

All applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable processing fee of $100.00 at the time of submission.

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

40001 State Road 9336
Homestead, FL 33034


(305) 242-7700
Main Everglades National Park Phone and Fax

Contact Us