McKinney Falls State Park, Travis County, Texas
Father Isidro Félix Esty Espinosa, with the Olivares-Aguirre expedition, first described the arroyo/río de las Garrapatas (present-day Onion Creek) in 1709. Recent research reveals that in 1716 the expedition of Domingo Ramón followed the left bank of Onion Creek along the western edge of McKinney Falls State Park to its junction with Williamson Creek. Current images clearly document the rock indentations that resulted from extensive use of the area.
Time period: 1700–1800s
A Photographic Journey of the Trail - NEXT IMAGE
Last updated: February 24, 2015