|Subscribe | What is RSS|
Contact: Kris Fister, (907) 683-9583
This year's annual Denali Road Lottery is taking place on September 13, 14, 15, and 16 (Fri - Mon).
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Entries can be submitted electronically at www.recreation.gov between 12:01 am May 1, 2013 until midnight (AK time) on June 30, 2013. Beginning in 2014, the road lottery entry period will be May 1-31.
- Entries will also be accepted by phone from May 1 through June 30, 2013 at (877) 444-6777 between the hours of 6:00 am - 8:00 pm (Alaska time).
- Entries are no longer accepted by regular mail.
- The non-refundable entry fee payment of $10 will be charged to a credit or debit card during the online or phone application process. In addition, the credit or debit card holder will be automatically charged the $25 Road Lottery Fee if drawn in the lottery.
- If the Park Road does not open on the day of your permit due to inclement weather, the $25 Road Lottery Fee will not be refunded.
- Everyone who submitted an entry will be notified about the entry status.
- Those who are drawn in the lottery will also receive a letter confirming the day of their permit, with additional information on how to obtain the road permit and how to prepare for their visit to the park.
- The names of the individuals who are selected for permits will be posted on the park website at www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/road-lottery.htm by July 15.
- Permit holders must pay the park entrance fee of $10 per person (for visitors age 16 and older) unless they have a federal recreation pass such as the Denali Annual Pass or the America the Beautiful-National Parks and Federal Lands Recreational Lands Pass (Annual, Military, Senior, Access, or Volunteer).
Please visit the park website at www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/road-lottery.htm, call (907) 683-9532, or email email@example.com for additional information.