Need for Seed is Saturday, August 6
Want to learn more about native plants and seeds? Want to help collect seeds for future re-vegetation projects?
Join our Vegetation Crew to harvest seeds from some of Denali's native plants.
Work and Play
- Help harvest and dry native seeds around the Denali Visitor Center
- Learn about Denali's native plants and restoration projects in the park
- Earn a free voucher for a future bus ride into the park
- Who: You and your friends/family. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- What: Hands-on conservation work.
- Bring: water, snacks, lunch, hiking boots, rain gear and clothing layers.
Safety gear and tools will be provided.
- When: Saturday, August 6. Meet at 9 a.m. The work day will conclude by 2 p.m.
- Where: Meet in the automobile (not RV) parking lot on the north side of the Denali Visitor Center, located at mile 1.2 on the Denali Park Road. Look for uniformed NPS employees.
Overnight accommodations, dorm or campsite, are available to those who need them. Please make arrangements in advance.
Every volunteer will receive a thank-you gift, including a voucher for a shuttle bus ride in the park (you choose the date, includes park entrance fee).
Questions: Contact the Denali National Park and Preserve Volunteer Office by Email or call 907-683-9504.