We have chosen an Artist-in-Residence for summer 2020. Please consider applying for 2021. Thank you!
Residencies generally run 2-4 weeks and can occur at any time of year. Start and end dates are negotiable and park housing* is provided.
The AiR would provide:
· at least one demonstration or program for the public on their medium, and;
· one work of art (or high resolution copy) donated to the park.
The balance of the AiR’s time could be spent at their discretion, developing works of art and practicing their craft in a one-of-a-kind location.
*Depending on the time of the year, housing offered may be a shared space with other park staff.
Who May Apply
Artists of any medium are welcome to apply. This includes but is not limited to: writers, sculptors, photographers, painters, musicians, and composers.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted by email throughout the year but submissions for the coming season are due on January 31. Please include the following:
· a cover letter describing the importance of Craters of the Moon to your artwork as well as your proposal to meet the park’s AiR program requirements;
· a brief resume including your professional works;
· a sample of artistic work (e.g., 4-6 images for visual artists, 5 pages of written works for writers, links to performances etc.)
The artist for the current year is generally chosen by a panel of park and partner staff early in the new year. Selections are based on artistic merit, purpose of proposed artwork, ability to share with the public and overall suitability for a national park residency.
Please submit all application materials electronically to:
For more information: