Independence Day celebration - SC Independent Rangers encampment and firing demonstrations. Living History encampment will be going on from 2:00 – 7:00 behind the Visitor Center.
2:00 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
2:45 p.m. Ranger-led battlefield walk
3:30 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
4:30 p.m. Ranger-led battlefield walk
5:00 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
5:30 p.m. The Green River Road and all trails leading to the battlefield from the Visitor Center and the Battlefield Parking areas are closed for fireworks set up and visitor safety.
6:30 p.m. Weapons Firing Demonstration
7–9:00 p.m.Family activities/games
7:15 p.m. Presentation of the American flag
7:30-9 p.m. Patriotic music by the Spartanburg Community Band
9:00 p.m. Fireworks by Bay Fireworks
The Visitor Center and bookstore are open 9:00 a.m. - 8:45 p.m. The 18-minute park video,Cowpens: A Battle Remembered, will be shown on the hour in the Visitor Center auditorium, until 7:00 p.m.
· There will be no food or drink vendors within the park. Restaurants and fast food are located in both Chesnee and Gaffney.
· Safety is our top priority – park regulations prohibit personal fireworks, chem-lights, sparklers, etc.
· Visitors to the fireworks display should remember to bring a flashlight to use after dark.
· To exit the park following the fireworks, visitors parked between the main gate and the maintenance gate, will exit through the maintenance gate.
· Visitors parked beyond the maintenance gate will exit via the main gate, using both entrance and exit lanes. Vehicles in the right (exit) lane will turn right onto Hwy 11, toward Gaffney. Vehicles in the left (entrance) lane will turn left onto Hwy 11, toward Chesnee.
In the event of inclement weather, fireworks will be rescheduled for Sunday, July 6, 2008.