See the application form for more details on necessary fees and information needed for special use permits. Please call 970-858-3617 Ext: 300 for more details before submitting an application for activities.
Application Forms and Further Information
A non-refundable administrative fee of $100.00 will be charged to cover the costs associated with issuing a standard permit. This fee includes, but is not limited to, the average time of processing fees, permit development, consultations with permittee, managerial consultations and billing.
Hourly Management Fee: $50 per hour/per employee rate
***If additional monitoring is required, a charge of $50.00 per hour/per employee will be assessed.
Additional monitoring includes any requests that involvemultiple locations, complex logistics, coordination with other NPS divisions or additional environmental compliance. Any permit that requires additional staff time beyond the averages in the initial costs will be charged an additional $50 per hour per employee that is needed in order to complete the permit.
All applications will be handled in the order they are received. Standard requests can be processed in 10 business days. Requests that involve multiple locations, complex logistics, and coordination with other NPS divisions or visitor activities may require a minimum of four weeks to process. A minimum of four weeks is also required to process permits for projects that need additional environmental compliance.
Complete Form 10-930 and mail it (along with payment; checks made out to the National Park Service) to:
Special Park Use Coordinator
Rules And Regulations
1. Please limit the number of vehicles in your party if possible. Consider car pooling or buses to transport your guests. All guest vehicles will be required to purchase an entrance pass as standard entrance fees apply.
2. Special Use Permits issued for most facilities and areas will be limited to three hours.
3. Activities may not interfere with normal visitor use of the park; therefore, areas will not be closed to public access during the event.
4. Park personnel will not be available to offer special assistance for traffic, parking, or other logistical needs associated with your wedding.
5. All participants associated with a special park use event must observe and comply with all Park regulations, including those regarding the storage and handling of food and disposal of trash.
6. Amplification of sound before, during, or after the ceremony and connection to park utilities are not permitted.
7. Animals are to be kept on a leash at all times and under physical control, and pets, other than service animals, are prohibited in the backcountry.
8. Any event that interferes with the normal activities of visitors, such as the closing of trails, overlooks or public use facilities, will not be allowed.
9. No disturbance of vegetation or other natural objects is allowed.
10. Park regulations do not permit the throwing or scattering of rice, birdseed, flower petals or any similar material. In addition, the release of animals including birds, butterflies or other insects is prohibited. Leave the site as you found it, or better.
11. Buildings or structures cannot be used for attachments (such as banners or flowers).
If you have questions about the permitting process, contact:
Special Use Administrator
Last updated: February 17, 2017