Colorado National Monument Entrance Fee Structure for Next Two Years

Subscribe RSS Icon | What is RSS
Date: April 13, 2018
Contact: Arlene Jackson, 970-858-3617 X363
Contact: Mark Davison, 970-858-3617 x312

Fruita, CO – The National Park Service (NPS) announced yesterday that many sites would be increasing their entrance fees. Colorado National Monument entrance fees will not be increased this summer based on the 2016 civic engagement process. The entrance fees to the monument will remain $15 per vehicle, $10 per motorcycle or $5 per person. The annual park pass is $40. 
 
The NPS has a standardized entrance fee structure, composed of four groups based on park size and type. Colorado National Monument is one of the sites in group 2 and will raise their fees incrementally and fully incorporate the new entrance fee schedule by January 1, 2020
 
Revenue from entrance fees remains in the NPS and helps ensure a quality experience for all who visit. Here in Colorado National Monument, at least 80 percent of entrance fees stay in the park and are devoted to spending that supports the visitor. The other 20 percent of entry fee income is shared with other NPS sites for their projects. 
 
“Entrance fees provide a portion of the funds necessary to provide an exceptional experience for our visitors,” states Ken Mabery. “Over the next two years we will be using money collected to rehabilitate campground restrooms, replace handrails at overlooks and repair trails.” 
 
Colorado National Monument has had an entrance fee since approximately 1940. The park is one of 117 NPS sites that charges an entrance fee, the other 300 sites will remain free to enter. 
 
The price of the annual America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass and Lifetime Senior Pass will remain $80.  
 
The complete fee schedule will change according to the following: 
 
 
Colorado National Monument
  Per
Vehicle
 Per
Person
 Per
Motorcycle
Park Specific Annual Pass
Current $15 $5 $10 $40
Jan 1, 2019
(Increase per 2016 fee review)
$20 $10 $15 $40
Jan 1, 2020 $25 $15 $20 $45
                                                
Spring hours are now in effect at Colorado National Monument. The visitor center is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily. For additional information please visit www.nps.gov/colm or call 970-858-3617, ext. 360.
 
-www.nps.gov-

About the National Park Service: More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America's 417 national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Visit us at www.nps.gov, on Facebook www.facebook.com/nationalparkservice, Twitter www.twitter.com/natlparkservice, and YouTube www.youtube.com/nationalparkservice.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Last updated: April 15, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

1750 Rim Rock Drive
Fruita, CO 81521

Phone:

(970) 858-3617 x360

Contact Us