Hiking is a great way to explore City of Rocks and the best way to have a fun and safe hiking adventure is plan ahead of time.
Take note of the following information to avoid some common mistakes.
Explore the great outdoors safely with following tips
- Wear sturdy hiking shoes.
- Hiking alone is not recommended.
- Avoid surprising wildlife by making noise while hiking.
- Stay on established trails for your own safety and to prevent soil erosion.
- Know the difficulty level of the trail and your physical abilities and limitations.
- Horses have the right of way; step off the trail and remain quiet while they pass.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return, then check in with this person when you return.