Temporary Closure of Cumberland Visitor Center

Subscribe RSS Icon | What is RSS
Date: February 23, 2017
Contact: Rita Knox, 301-722-8226

Cumberland, MD - The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park (C&O Canal) and Allegany County Tourism Visitor Center at 13 Canal Street will be closed to the public beginning Sunday, February 26, 2017 for approximately two weeks while major heating and air conditioning work is completed in the Western Maryland Railway Station. The closure is necessary for visitor safety and to allow contractors to complete the work in a timely manner.

If you have questions or need park information during this time, please call Ranger Rita Knox at (301) 722-8226 ext. 1 or visit www.nps.gov/choh/ .

The Visitor Center will re-open as soon as the work is completed and will be open Saturday, March 11 for a special program on canal laborers titled The Way We Worked on the C&O Canal. This program is being done in conjunction with the special exhibit The Way We Worked, currently at the Allegany Museum, 3 Pershing Street, Cumberland.

Last updated: March 10, 2017

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

1850 Dual Highway, Suite 100
Hagerstown, MD 21740



Contact Us