Permits & Reservations

Special Use Permits

The Special Use Permit authorizes activities that benefit an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. Examples include weddings, scattering ashes, commercial filming and/or photography, special assemblies, First Amendment activities, athletic events, or collecting of resource materials etc.

Commercial Use Authorization (CUA)

Commercial use includes any organization (commercial and non-profit) offering a service or itinerary that has been packaged, priced, and sold as guided instruction within national parks. Examples include (but are not limited to) workshops, shuttles, guided bike tours, guided hiking tours etc.

Research Permits

Cedar Breaks includes about 80% recommended wilderness, so research and other activities occur with that designation in mind. The park’s high-altitude location on the west edge of the Colorado Plateau makes it a scientifically unique area, containing a range of life zones from cold desert to alpine tundra as well as an impressive array of geologic formations. Significant plants in the park include several rare species, namely Cymopterus minimus, Silene petersonii, and Erigeron proselyticus, as well as the bristlecone pine, Pinus longaeva, some of which are estimated to be over 1650 years old. The Cedar Breaks archives house research from permitted studies conducted in the monument. More information about research permits and researcher requirements can be found on the National Park Service Research Permit and Reporting System.


Last updated: November 18, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

Cedar Breaks National Monument: Administrative Office
2460 West Highway 56 Suite #6

Cedar City, UT 84720


(435) 986-7120

Contact Us