Doing Business With The Park

Commercial operations are prohibited from engaging in business within the park without a written permit, contract, or agreement. All commercial use is prohibited within designated and recommended wilderness.
Below are a couple of ways to obtain permits allowing the use of the park for business or personal purposes.

Special Use Permits (SUP)

The Special Use Permit (SUP) authorizes activities that benefit an individual, group or organization, rather than the public at large. Examples include weddings, scattering ashes, commercial filming and/or photography, special assemblies, First Amendment activities, athletic events, or collecting of resource materials etc. Each of these activities requires a special use permit that must be acquired in advance. Learn more and how to apply for a SUP.

Commercial Use Authorization/Permits (CUA)

Commercial use includes any organization (commercial and non-profit) offering a service or itinerary that has been packaged, priced, and sold as guided instruction using National Park Service lands. Examples include (but are not limited to) workshops, shuttles, guided bike tours, guided hiking tours, and (beginning October 2019) road-based tours. Applications for commercial use must be submitted in advance and renewed yearly. Learn more and how to apply for a CUA.

The Cedar Breaks Bookstore - Zion National Park Forever Project

The Zion National Park Forever Project operates Cedar Breaks' bookstore and is a non-profit organization that began in 1929 to support education, research, publications, and other programs for the benefit of Zion National Park, Cedar Breaks National Monument, and Pipe Spring National Monument. Contact the Forever Store if you would like to pitch a product for the Cedar Breaks Bookstore & Information Center.

Last updated: October 29, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

Cedar Breaks National Monument: Administrative Office
2390 West Highway 56
Suite #11

Cedar City, UT 84720


(435) 586-9451 x4420

Contact Us