Permits & Reservations


Sandburg Home tours are available Thursday to Sunday at 11am, 1pm, 2pm. Advance reservations available at 8 people per tour. Tours are free until further notice. Making reservations is strongly encouraged. Day-of-visit house tour tickets are rarely available. (The only way to see the furnished interior of the Sandburg Home is through a guided tour.).


Certain types of activities require a special use permit. These include many types of organized gatherings, distribution of printed material and other public expressions of opinion, and other activities that are controlled or prohibited.

Some common activities that require a permit include:

  • Commercial Photography
  • Weddings
  • First Amendment Activities

Please review the information in the documents listed below for guidance on planning your special event or use. Please contact the park's Special Use Permit Coordinator at 828-693-4178 or by email to discuss your event and request a permit application.

Weddings and Special Events

Please read the applicable document before you contact the park to complete an application.
Procedures and Fees for Planning a Wedding at the Sandburg Home (word)
Procedures and Fees for Planning a Special Event at the Sandburg Home (word)

Still Photography and Commercial Filming

Please review the National Park Service FAQs regarding filiming and still photography here. Contact the park if you need a permit.

Last updated: November 10, 2022

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

81 Carl Sandburg Lane
Flat Rock , NC 28731


828 693-4178

Contact Us

Stay Connected