This page was last updated July 30, 2021. All alerts are current.
As the NPS monitors and responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, we work closely with the NPS Office of Public Health to use the latest science to guide our decision making. Consistent with CDC recommendations, visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask inside all park buildings.
Visitors who are not yet fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks in crowded outdoor spaces.
Based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and state and local public health authorities, access to the park is as follows:
- Park grounds and trails are open sunrise to sunset.
- The park store and visitor information area are open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm, in the garage behind the Sandburg Home.
- Outdoor access to the goats (in the barnyard and goat pasture) is from 10 am to 3pm daily.
- The Sandburg Home and house tours remain closed due to ventilation concerns in the 183-year-old house.
- Restrooms at top of the hill near the Sandburg Home (due to a water pump issue. Portable toilets are available).
- The park shuttle.
- Please bring enough drinking water for your visit.
While the listed areas are accessible for visitors to enjoy, some services may be limited.
Please recreate responsibly by following CDC guidance, avoiding high risk activities and staying home if you feel sick.
We will continue to monitor all park functions to ensure that visitors adhere to CDC guidance for mitigating risks associated with the transmission of COVID-19 and take any additional steps necessary to protect public health.